< View All Jobs
VP of Business Development
The Vice President of Business Development’s primary focus will be to identify and develop new client relationships, making a significant contribution to the company’s continued growth. This position will have a special emphasis on cultivating relationships with pensions, consultants, endowments and foundations wishing to make direct investments with hedge fund managers.
- Cultivate new and existing client relationships.
- Develop business development strategies designed to attract clients to our products that are consistent with our firm’s overall strategy.
- Contribute to the development of effective marketing collateral and presentation materials.
- Communicate Crabel’s philosophy and investment strategy.
- Coordinate and participate in meetings and ongoing discussions with prospective clients.
- Propose new products to meet market demand.
- Maintain an industry presence by attending relevant events and conferences.
- Keep abreast of industry trends and news that may affect potential new business opportunities.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the alternative investment landscape as well as relationships with institutional investors.
- Broad understanding of futures, forex and equities.
- Minimum of 5 years related experience including direct experience marketing to an institutional client base.
- Demonstrated track record of successful relationship building, development of new clients and superior achievement in meeting business development targets.
- Ability to work independently as well as a desire to be a productive member of our team.
- Proactive and results oriented.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with strong business acumen.
- Technical aptitude to include quantitative skills.
- Strong MS office skills.
- Requires extensive travel, up to 80%. Position may reside in any location.